UCC is located in the western part of Cork city, 1 km from the city centre. The main parts of UCC’s campus are along Western Road and College Road. Car parking facilities at UCC are limited, so when visiting UCC, please consider using public transport. Please refer to the Accommodation page for suggestions of hotels, guesthouses and hostels near to the university.
ON FOOT / BY BICYCLE
From the city centre (Patrick Street/Grand Parade), take Washington Street to the west. Pass the old Court House (on your right) and later the River Lee Hotel (on your left). At the next traffic lights, enter the UCC College Gates.
- Bicycle Parking (1,230kB) is available throughout the Campus.
- To walk from the city centre to UCC takes 15-20 minutes.
Cork Bus Station is located at Parnell Place in the city centre. The bus station is served by all Bus Eireann local and intercity services.
- To get to UCC, use city buses No 205 (‘CIT/Rossa Avenue’) or No 208 (‘Bishopstown’) from the bus station or at nearby St Patrick Street (outside Debenhams). The bus stop code for UCC (College Road) is 241741. Bus Routes Serving UCC(98kB)
- Also see Train and Bus to UCC (40kB) map or the National Journey Planner.
Cork Airport is 8 km south of Cork city centre (Airport to UCC, 131kB). There are several flights a day from London-Heathrow or Amsterdam (both AerLingus) and London Stanstead or Gatwick (RyanAir).
- Bus connections to/from the airport are provided by Bus Eireann (route No 226 to Cork Bus Station).
- A taxi journey to UCC will take 10–20 minutes and will cost about €12–18.
Dublin Airport is Ireland’s biggest airport. It offers a wider range of direct flight connections, such as Berlin – Dublin. There is a convenient and hourly bus connection from Dublin Airport directly to Cork city centre, offered by Aircoach. Buses leave directly from Dublin Airport. Tickets can be purchased at the bus station, but are cheaper if booked online. An alternative to Aircoach is gobus.ie. The commute takes about 3h.
Kerry Airport offers a direct flight connection to Frankfurt-Hahn. For bus connections from Kerry Airport to Cork city see Bus Eireann.
- Train services by Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail) to Cork stop at Kent Station.
- Hourly intercity services to and from Dublin Heuston Station take between 2.5 and 3 hours. There are also frequent commuter services to/from Mallow, Midleton and Cobh.
- City bus No 205 services operate between Kent Station and UCC.
- For details, see www.irishrail.ie
- Taxis from the train station to UCC cost about €10.
- See the Train and Bus to UCC (40kB) Map.
From City Centre (Grand Parade)
- take Washington Street/Western Road towards the west (marked ‘Killarney/West Cork’)
- pass the River Lee Hotel (on your left)
- at the next traffic lights, turn left
- drive up O’Donovan’s Road and turn right on to College Road. UCC’s visitor car park is immediately on your left (entrance from Perrott Avenue)
- UCC’s main vehicle entrance is 200m on your right.
Brookfield Health Science Complex is a further 500m up College Road on the right, where the road bends.
A second visitor car park can be accessed by continuing straight along Western Road to the next traffic lights (Gaol Cross) and turning left. Perrot’s Inch car park is 50m on your left, before the small bridge.
For the Western Gateway Building, continue down Western Road. The entrance is on your left.
From Limerick (N20)
- Follow the N20 into Cork until you cross the River Lee (Cork Opera House is in front of you)
- Turn right onto the quays and pass two more bridges to your right (You’ll see the Gate Cinema on your left)
- Take the first road to the left (Grattan Street)
- At the third traffic lights turn right into Washington Street.
For all other routes
From the South Ring Road (N40) to Wilton/Sarsfield Road Roundabout, follow signs for Cork University Hospital/City Centre.
- Pass the Wilton roundabout, exiting at Wilton Road.
- Turn right at the next traffic lights (Dennehy’s Cross) and keep left at the next roundabout for College Road.
- For Western Road continue down Wilton Road, follow the right bend and cross the bridge. The UCC Western Gateway Building is on your right. At Gaol Cross turn right, Perrott’s Inch car park is on your left.